Graduate Motion Capture Editor
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
We have proud history of great character animation, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and real-time motion.
Fantastic animation will play a huge part in our future success, with upcoming games such as our Formula One project or our new Warhammer IP. Your passion for game development and animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
- Working closely with the Art Director and Animation Lead to execute the defined animation style for the project
- Editing motion capture data to create high-quality in-game assets
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to motion capture
- Implementing and testing assets in-game
- A confident and creative approach to your work, able to adapt and improve acting choices within the mocap and execute them effectively
- A good level of technical competence, able to problem solve both in the authoring and implementation of animation assets
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping push mocap animation, to improve appeal and interest of a captured performance
- A willingness to confidently take feedback from your peers to develop your skills and raise the quality of the final game
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A showreel that demonstrates your ability to create and clean, expressive assets through the medium of motion capture
- Experience using a 3D animation package such as Autodesk Maya
- Familiarity with motion capture hardware and software
- Facial Animation Experience
- Experience using Autodesk Motionbuilder
- Experience with the Xsens motion capture solution, or similar
- Experience using a games engine
- Rigging and scripting experience
- An interest in the highly technical, highly emotional world of Formula 1 racing
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01