Global Travel Coordinator
The Studio Experience Team is seeking a new addition to our department, and we invite applications for the role of Global Travel Coordinator.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us, as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What is our Global Travel Coordinator responsible for?
- Handling all travel requests for our UK, US and DE studios, including PCR tests or other legal requirements.
- Investigating and arranging appropriate modes of travel, such as flights and rental cars, as well as making reservations at hotels, or other forms of accommodation.
- Taking full ownership of corporate accommodation, including coordinating with visitors, arranging housekeeping and logistics.
- Working with travel agencies to review all the agency’s bookings for accuracy, cost-effectiveness and policy adherence.
- Acting as a point of contact for any travel related emergencies, which may occur out of hours.
- Reviewing existing relationships and identifying areas of improvement for our external vendors.
- Reviewing invoices against purchase orders and process travel reimbursements.
- Working as part of a wider Studio Experience Team, some additional tasks may be required.
What do we expect our Global Travel coordinator to have?
- Prior experience / knowledge working within coordination and/or administration, ideally with some element of travel industry including telecommunications systems, travel software, online reservation systems and a good understanding of travel policies and regulations.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to liaise with CxO level members and external suppliers.
- Excellent phone manner with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive attitude and enthusiasm to pick up additional duties that fall under Studio Experience Team remit.
Sounds like your perfect role? Please apply immediately to be considered for the Global Travel Coordinator position.
Please note – due to the nature of the role, some out of hours / weekend support will be required.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
Location: ManchesterDate posted: 2021-12-11