Global Partner Marketing Manager, Indies & VR
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Global Partner Marketing, Indies and VR- San Mateo
The Partner Marketing team sits within the Global Third Party Relations department. We are a team of experienced leaders and marketers whose mission is to help every gamer we reach find new PlayStation nostalgia with third party games. We develop opportunities to market these experiences with our brand and to build long-term value for PlayStation and our publishing partners. We also build relationships with 3P publishers by understanding their portfolio, evangelizing their products and delivering best in class partner marketing service.
As a Global Partner Marketing Manager you are responsible for shaping the global partner marketing strategy for priority Indie and PSVR games. Your objective is two-fold. For gamers, you’ll prove PlayStation has the best selection of games by showcasing the wide range of unique experiences on the platform. For publishers, you’ll make the marketing portion of the publishing experience on the platform as clear, effective and efficient as possible.
- Develop and implement Indie marketing strategy and plan for the year
- Manage a team in fulfilling contractual marketing commitments to priority partners
- Work with cross functional teams to integrate priority games in broader portfolio marketing campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels
- Work with cross functional teams to identify struggles and recommend solutions for publishers marketing their games on the platform
- Manage digital events with the Social & PR teams to debut compelling announcements and content
- Manage in-person event sponsorships including title prioritization, budget and assets
- Build relationships with publishers and educate them on how to market their products in the PlayStation ecosystem
- Provide regular reports to leadership on campaign results and progress towards objectives
- At least 7-10 years of Product Marketing experience within gaming preferred
- Passion for Indie games and being a champion for the Indie publishing community
- Track record of innovation with limited resources
- Leadership experience in managing and mentoring a team
- Excellent communication skills to distill complex problems into digestible and actionable info
- Excellent partner management in setting clear expectations across many groups in a large global company and with many external partners
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-16