Global Business Development Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Global Business Development Manager
Los Angeles, CA or San Mateo, CA
The Manager will be a member of the Global Business Development (GBD) team at Sony Interactive Entertainment and help drive business development activities across the PlayStation platform.
You will lead all aspects of new third-party partnership deal opportunities from initiation, negotiation, closing and continued account management. Internally championing projects, developing financial models and strategic frameworks for deal analysis, and ensuring successful launches.
You will work closely with Legal, Sales, Marketing, R&D, Project Management, PR, Developer Support, Finance and Product Planning groups to define partner revenue generation and co-marketing strategies and coordinate implementation.
You will participate in the development and ongoing refinement of the overall PlayStation non-game media services strategy globally in conjunction with other internal groups.
- Identify and implement global opportunities to drive engagement and revenue growth on PlayStation for media services and apps to include forging new partnerships and business models, coming up with compelling partner offers and bundles that we can market exclusively to PlayStation users, and helping drive Sony’s advertising and content strategy
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal marketing teams, research, product marketing, project management, engineering, product planning and legal to coordinate and implement premium app partners’ programs/opportunities
- Evaluate potential media service partners to enhance overall consumer value proposition and user experience on PlayStation
- Manage relationships with media and technology partners pre and post-closing of deals
- Craft business terms and take leadership role in deal negotiations
- Define business models for new product opportunities and develop business case and implementation plans
- Develop robust financial models for deal analysis to determine structure, support proposals, and influence negotiations for launching new services
- Identify and research emerging market trends, develop strategic frameworks and build supporting analyses to prioritize company resources
- Present business proposals and updates to partners up to the Executive level
- Develop and report on KPI’s relative to the Business Development activities
- Schedule and drive quarterly reviews with premium app partners for various revenue generating and marketing engagements
- Identify and develop partner roadmap, opportunities from concept/ideation into robust business cases to deliver industry leading curated app content for PlayStation gamers
- Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various research sources and forecast methodologies.
- BA / Graduate degree a plus (MBA or JD)
- 4+ years of experience
- Outstanding relationship skills, including the ability to work with international teams
- Experience in digital media, Internet, technology or gaming industries preferred
- Knowledge of digital entertainment, including distribution models, platforms and types of content
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including data analysis and financial modeling
- Prior experience within digital media, technology, gaming, consulting or investment banking is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
- Strong digital literacy, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23