Generalist Technical Animator
Larian is seeking a Generalist Technical Animator to join the team that has experience working on all skills related to the craft: Python development, rigging and authoring blend trees for gameplay animation systems. This position is best suited for tech animators that are looking for an ever-changing challenge and that are comfortable working in different areas of the Animation pipeline. Given that you will work with a multitude of people from different departments, good communication skills are a must as well as interest in not only animation pipelines but game development as a whole.
- Write and collaborate with our seniors writing Python scripts in order to help us maintain and improve our existing pipelines and animation tools
- Develop and prototype new gameplay and cinematic animation systems and maintain the existing ones according to the changes and evolution of the game
- Support the rigging team with the creation of a variety of characters, creatures, heads, armors, etc and ensure their correct functionality in the game
- Communicate and work with multiple development teams, like Animation, Art, Cinematics, etc
- Integrate a variety of assets into the game and validate these are working properly
- Debug and resolve bugs assigned to you in a timely manner while making sure you meet the production deadlines
- Communicate with the production team on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Support the Lead of the department in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Python scripting or similar languages
- Experience developing new animation gameplay systems in any node-base system like Unreal or similar engines
- Skilled in rigging and skinning in Maya for video games, with experience in bipedal, facial setups and creatures
- Good knowledge of the principles of animation and how to apply them in order to get appealing animation
- Team oriented and has a strong desire for collaborative participation in a team-based pipeline across different geographic locations
- Able to take direction and feedback positively, adapt to change and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic, methodical and organized approach to work with high quality standards
- Sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem solving
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge in C#, C++ a strong plus
- Knowledge in Motion Builder is a plus, especially working with the Story tool (or equivalent)
- Work within an international team on a daily basis, spread between multiple studios across the world
- Inheritance of a totally awesome, multidisciplinary and remarkably talented team to grow with.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-22