Gameplay Animator - 31st Union
We are Gamemakers.
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What We Need
We’re looking for an experienced Gameplay Animator to bridge the gap between compelling animation and responsive gameplay. An inspired problem-solver with a heart for breathing life into digital characters is winning combination! As a part of the animation team at 31st Union, you will partner with the animation, design and programming teams to create and implement high-quality keyframe and mocap animation bringing human and non-human characters to life.
What you will do
- Partner with Designers to ensure that they achieve responsive, immersive gameplay that feels rewarding to our players
- Collaborate with other animators to elevate our quality, share knowledge and inspire creativity
- Facilitate and maintain communication across all stakeholder disciplines (production, design, art, audio, VFX) throughout the development of your areas of responsibility
- Work together with Artists and Riggers to establish both core and secondary functionality of our characters
- Contribute to efficient pipelines and procedures across the animation team
- Be proactive in assessing and evolving the gameplay experience
Who we think will be a great fit
You’re passionate about redefining the boundaries of both the craft and technical aspects of animation. You possess a high level of knowledge in the principles of animation and skill in implementing them. You’re excited to work as part of a close-knit team and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback that elevates the project and encourages all towards excellence. You value independence and self-motivation; we desire to build a team of animators that always feel empowered to remove obstacles and overcome challenges to deliver the best work possible.
- Expertise in gameplay animation using a 3d package - Maya preferred
- Knowledge of game engines such as Unreal and Unity and creating systemic animations
- Nimble and able to prioritize and problem-solve quickly
- Strong collaboration skills within and across disciplines
- Able to respond effectively to creative redirection
- Scripting experience super helpful!
- An animation reel that demonstrates high quality hand-key and mocap examples
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on this link, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
Location: San Mateo, California, United StatesDate posted: 2023-01-20