Storm8 is looking for a Game Designer to move our games forward. As a member of our team, you will work collaboratively with product, engineering, art, designers and cross-functional teams to build, launch, and analyze game content and features.
- Drive ideation of IE/simulation content and features with exceptional attention paid to theme, user experience, quality, and the needs of our players.
- Develop and execute content releases ensuring all aspects of production deployment, asset quality, database fidelity, communication consistency, and information accuracy.
- Communicate submission process, requirements, and status updates to stakeholders; collaborate with multiple disciplines to surface and resolve issues.
- Ensure quality through verification and ad-hoc testing of newly implemented content and features.
- Iterate and improve designs based on event performance and player feedback.
- Champion user-experience with superior judgment to decide if game features meet the quality bar, and collaborate with others to improve the overall product.
- Collaborate across disciplines to ensure content and features are providing the user and business return expected.
- Manage game item and level definitions in a SQL database.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has 2+ years of game industry related experience.
- Passion for games, especially ours, with a deep understanding of what makes mobile games fun, current best practices, and emerging marketing trends.
- Uses data and feedback to analyze and improve player experience.
- Works closely with other designers and disciplines in a highly collaborative, agile environment.
- Must be a self-starter and driven.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Organized in design process from concept to implementation.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/BA in a quantitative field or equivalent experience in the mobile games industry.
- Experience with SQL
- Database entry
- Narrative Design
- Scripting languages
Location: San Francisco, CADate posted: 2022-01-20