We are looking for a game designer interested in shaping the world and stories our players interact with. Do you love combining interesting characters, stories, and gameplay into one for players? Are you a problem solver who loves to look for creative ways to create new experiences? Do you consider yourself the type of person who can’t wait to learn more about tools and discover all the things they can do? Are you an advocate for the player experience? Do you love the feel of collaboration and coming up with solutions as a team? Maybe you love combining data and design intuition to excite players? If any of this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Why Join the ArenaNet Design Team?
The Design team at ArenaNet are responsible for creating the content and systems that players interact with in the game. We collaborate closely across multiple disciplines to bring our knowledge to bear on a wide array of problem sets and are a critical part of taking ideas and turning them into interactions for players. It is our job to build the stories, events, quests, creatures, and worlds that the players experience. We also believe that a healthy team is the first step to making fun, engaging games. And a healthy team is one of mutual respect, psychological safety, and diversity. We believe that new perspectives and voices help us to improve our game and find the best ideas.
As a Game Designer, you will utilize your love of games along with your innovation and creative problem-solving skills to define and craft experiences that affect our players over the lifetime of their relationship with the products that we (and you) develop. You will collaborate across disciplines with other developers who bring their creativity and expertise to work every day.
- You’ll need to have a basic understanding of game design fundamentals.
- You’ll also need to be familiar with quest, mission, or encounter design best practices.
- Success in this role will rely heavily on your ability to translate designs from ideas to final implementation in the game
- You’ll be familiar with giving and receiving constructive design feedback
- It will be essential to the success in this role for you to be able to communicate clearly with a variety of different disciplines, to drive consensus, and to always be a voice for the player experience.
Location: Bellevue, WADate posted: 2021-12-11