ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
3 - 6 month FTC with possibility to covert to Permanent role
Directly reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), with previous experience in a similar capacity preferably in the games industry or a similar creative environment with a focus on financial & statutory and management reporting. Joining our vibrant team of games industry professionals, you will be responsible for delivering timely & accurate management information to both internal & external stakeholders.
Responsibilities at a glance
- Review and challenge monthly management accounts and Balance Sheet. Ensuring timely delivery of management information to stakeholders/banks/leasing partners
- Manage delivery of monthly, interim and annual reporting packs to corporate headquarters
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to Accounts Payable Department; approve and verify supplier invoices, Expense Claims and Bank reconciliations sign-off
- Responsible for carrying out monthly Employee Growth Program (EGP) and monitoring department’s Performance Level Indicators (PLI)
- Responsible for Leased Assets control and liaison with leasing companies for new agreements
- Responsible for Balance Sheet control: Provision, Deferred Revenue, Prepayments, Accruals
- Responsible for control of Fixed Assets/Capitalisation/Depreciation
- Support Finance Director when liaising with auditors for interim and annual audits, ensuring all deadlines are met and updating company policies and regarding compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage creation of the interim and annual tax computations by the external tax team and submission of annual returns
- Overview of preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns/Corporate Tax Accruals
- Overview of monthly accounts’ analysis to ensure cost allocation and balances are reconciled
- Prepare calculations and post payroll, pension, bonus and Intercompany recharges
- Overview of ICO’s loan balance: calculate interest and reconciliation
- Other ad-hoc duties as required to support the Finance Director, CFO and the Business
Required Skills and Experience
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- Experience in the computer games industry preferable
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to tailor communication to different audiences
- Ability to deal with complex accounting problems
- Experience of UK GAAP/FRS 101 & IFRS
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- Comfortable working across functions and challenging senior colleagues with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of company technology, products and services
- Keep abreast of industry standards and new technologies
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Location: London, EnglandDate posted: 2021-12-11