Executive Assistant, Legal
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Executive Assistant, Legal
San Mateo, CA
The Executive Assistant will support the Legal, IP & Business Affairs leaders with key projects and day-to-day administrative support.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys proactively managing executives and their calendars and also likes coordinating and co-managing a multitude of stakeholder projects and activities. This position requires someone who is discreet, diplomatic and an excellent communicator, knowing when and how to communicate a message most effectively. The successful candidate has proven experience in leveraging information technology across different platforms and functions and can combine those skills with the interpersonal skills needed to make them and their executives more productive and successful.
We are seeking someone who has significant experience with the tracking and monitoring of legal budgets, including the use of budgeting features available in billing systems such as SimpleLegal or CounselLink, and is comfortable regularly communicating with outside law firms and vendors about the timing of invoice submissions.
These executives’ responsibilities include a significant number of global activities that involve working with colleagues in Europe and Asia, so the successful Executive Assistant will have a love of ambassadorship and collaborative teamwork with other members of the legal department, both domestically and abroad. The ideal candidate is a relationship builder and an ambassador for their executives and the Legal Department.
- Professionally represent the executives through initial telephone conversations, email correspondence and contact meetings.
- Handle swiftly and adeptly the complex and ever-changing calendars for three Legal Department
- Schedule travel plans and accommodations for the assigned Legal Department Executives and handle all of the details of expense reporting through the Finance Department’s electronic systems.
- Ensure a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, answer and screen phone calls and manage correspondence and communication flow.
- Act as administrative liaison between the executives and Sony group companies, vendors, and industry contacts.
- Monitor litigation budget including tracking expenditures and providing reports.
- Knowledge of contract workflow with ability to follow through with the process with minimal direction.
- Provide logistical support for key department team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties.
- Function as a communications hub for each of the executives’ teams.
- Liaise effectively with Executive Assistant counterparts across SIE’s business and organization and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels.
- Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality.
- At least 3 years of executive administrative or other, directly relevant work experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or equivalent work experience
- Power-user proficiency with Outlook calendaring, electronic expense reimbursement systems such as SAP Concur, electronic finance and accounting systems such as SAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint, and Google Drive products.
- Presentations: Ability to create compelling presentations with design sensibility and impact from outlines and/or hand drawn data.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and the ability to juggle multitasks adeptly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and use a lot of discretion when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner.
- An interest in interactive entertainment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11