Ethics & Compliance Program Specialist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Ethics & Compliance Program Specialist
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE or PlayStation) seeks an Ethics & Compliance Program Specialist to support SIE’s Legal - Compliance and Employment Law team in San Mateo, CA. This position will provide miscellaneous analytical and administrative support to a dynamic multi-disciplinary legal team that manages employment affairs and hotline investigations, as well as a wide range of corporate ethics and compliance-related matters. In this role, a successful Program Specialist will possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills, have a solid understanding of project lifecycles, and be passionate about optimizing processes that drive best-in-class ethics and compliance culture.
- Managing the company’s ad hoc Conflict of Interest disclosure process, conducting first-level review and analysis of disclosures, and interfacing with the requestor and the business
- Supporting training process and training technology development, including basic technical testing of new content/tools, and training communications planning and implementation
- Preparing and administering regular messaging on Compliance functions such as employee-wide Compliance newsletters, training reminder emails, and messages related to stock trading regulation compliance
- Assisting with the collaborative preparation of regular Compliance function reports and developing other employee-facing content for the Ethics and Compliance intranet space
- Supporting greater reporting analytics capabilities by building/optimizing a record retention system for various investigations and Compliance documentation
- Working with the greater Compliance team as well as cross-functionally (Legal, HR, studio leadership, InfoSec, Channel Sales, etc.) to identify new training and communication needs
- Managing new and ongoing vendor relationships in the Compliance and training spaces
- Providing support in the area of third-party due diligence vetting operations, including Know Your Client (“KYC”) procedures, assisting with anti-bribery and sanctions screening processes, conducting open source and legal research, and supporting escalations as needed
- Ensuring high-quality case management, with specific attention to timeliness and tone of communications
- Building and leveraging strong working relationships to efficiently manage multiple projects and competing deadlines with internal and external partners
- Associate's Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (preferably in Compliance, Legal or HR administration, investigations management, and/or Employee Relations)
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, global environment
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience with project management and internal and external relationship-building
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities and business needs and willingness to support the full ethics and compliance remit as needed
- Openness to learning and administering a variety of software-based tools (such as the tools used to track employee reports and Compliance-related self-disclosures)
- Gaming industry experience is a plus
- Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Japanese language skills are a plus, but not required
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23