Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As an Environment Modeling Artist, you will be involved in many aspects of the look, working in coordination with the production designer and Art department to deliver a visually impressive look.
- Modeling utilizing photography and pre-existing models.
- Modeling from concepts following the look of the show.
- Ability to create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles.
- Knowledge of skinning, rigging, technical constraints, and optimization.
- Collaborates with other team members, when it’s necessary.
- Follows supervisor’s and lead's guidance.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in the VFX or animation industries.
- At least 1 year of experience in the animation industry is desirable.
- Experience with Maya.
- Experience with SpeedTree.
- Experience with Arnold render.
- Experience with traditional drawing, and/or painting a plus.
- High English level desirable.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01