Engineering Team Lead, Reach Extension
In Helsinki, you will work on the Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on an unprecedented scale. You will be doing what Google does on the web – only in games! What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are at the heart of Unity, as our advertising network reaches millions of gamers daily. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future.
We believe in empowering people and making them accountable through leadership. As the Engineering Manager you will make sure the people get to live according to our values. This is an excellent opportunity for growth and development of people and combining this with the highest of tech and scale, and helping to grow the game industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and mentor a robust, interdisciplinary team of engineers and data scientists
- Drive the execution of the team and ensure timely delivery by breaking down projects into smaller pieces
- Collaborate with product managers and other leads to develop a unit-wise product development strategy
- Assist the team in simplifying and clarifying information and initiate connections with other areas of the business
What we’re looking for
- Familiarity with building and managing large technical teams
- Experience with day to day people management including performance management
- Build engagement by advocating for positive change in team collaboration and partnering with other stakeholders
- Project management experience using Agile and Lean methodologies, or similar
- Ability to grasp large scale system architectures
You might also have
- Experience in game user acquisition and/or monetization
- Prior experience working with data science/machine learning, backend technologies (golang and kubernetes) or frontend mobile development (iOS/Android)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Helsinki, FinlandDate posted: 2022-01-20