Engine Team Engineering Lead – Unannounced Project
Do you love the foundational technology we use to build games? Do you enjoy collaborating with engineers and creative leads to learn about their needs and brainstorm innovative solutions? Are you curious about a wide range of engineering disciplines and helping them solve their unique problems?
As an Engine Team Engineering Lead at Bungie on an Unannounced Project, you’ll be the vision holder for the team’s technical roadmap for our in-house engine. You’ll manage engineers and engineering leads across a diverse range of engineering sub-disciplines. You’ll work with your engineering peers and project leadership to build a vision for how engine systems can enable workflow and product ambitions. As part of a diverse company that prizes work-life balance, technical excellence, and creativity, you’ll work with a fun and innovative team to craft the foundational systems that unlock product opportunities and empower the team.
- Be the vision holder for the Engine Team’s roadmap
- Directly manage engineers, both individual contributors and leads, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Be a driver, decision-maker, or guide for technical decision-making, as appropriate
- Be a hiring manager and support your leads with being hiring managers
- Build and maintain a healthy and inclusive team culture
- Lead Engine team rituals (e.g. milestone planning)
- Ability to design, build, and ship game systems written in C++
- Ability to lead (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping
- Ability to build, maintain, and evolve foundational game technology
- Ability to write clear and concise communications on complex technical topics, and use them to achieve alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate with diverse customers from technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Graphics engineering experience
- Tools engineering experience
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23