Dynamic Art Tools Programmer (All Levels)
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Tools Programmer who possesses a passion for Tools development and improving workflows. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our content creation teams, specifically focused on vehicles, weapons, characters and prop art, and help drive our technology forward to support the creation of all of Rockstar Games projects.
This is a full time permanent position based out of Rockstar's’ unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Work within the Tools team on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, including our asset pipeline and standalone applications.
- Developing and maintaining the asset pipeline and tools technology for characters, vehicles, weapons and props - from content creation through to the game engine.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Strong C#/.Net or C++ skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Experience with the 3ds Max SDK and MaxScript.
- Familiarity with at least one digital content creation package.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23