Divine Knockout - Character Rigger
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Character Rigger to work at our studio, headquartered in Brighton, on an unannounced project.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, and Rogue Company, as we embark on exciting new game projects!
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games.
We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
What our Riggers do:
- Work closely with modeling and animation teams to create optimized rigs that fully address the needs of the character’s functionality.
- Weight characters in an efficient manner while maintaining a high degree of visual and deformation fidelity.
- Create tools that streamline the character creation workflow throughout the entire pipeline.
- Maintain character hierarchical standards and protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot pre-existing character rig setups / script.
We are looking for someone with:
- Advanced knowledge of Maya.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with various rig setups, including bipedal, quadruped, and complex robotic / mechanical characters and props.
- Strong understanding of Python.
- Experience in C++ or Maya plugin development.
- Familiar with setting up dynamic simulations (rigid body, cloth, hair).
- 2+ years experience with character rigging / skinning in a production environment.
Preferred candidates have:
- Unreal 4 Engine experience.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01