We're looking for an experienced Display Engineer to join our Hardware team at Valve and help us deliver world-class products to our customers. As the subject matter expert, you will work with a highly collaborative and industry-leading group that is pushing the limits of what gaming hardware can and will be. Your role will encompass all things related to the display module and require deep technical involvement as well as managing and directing our vendor partners.
- Technical lead on displays for all HW programs.
- Define and own specification and qualification.
- Lead vendor engagement to deliver product per the spec and program schedule from concept through to production. International travel as needed.
- Perform display measurements and product-level verification.
- Develop next-gen display tech by implementing novel design ideas and collaborating with vendor partners.
- Degree in EE, Physics, Optics, MS, or CS (MS, PhD preferred)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in shipping products or delivering technology.
- Senior-level understanding of display technologies and applications, especially LED, OLED, polarization, and backlight.
- Experience in system integration, display driver ICs, and high-level programming skills.
- A hands-on, can-do attitude coupled with good communication and the ability to pivot quickly.
Position is located in Bellevue, WA
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews
Location: Bellevue, WADate posted: 2021-12-11