Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the Director of Technology at Skydance Animation Madrid, you will be responsible for the organization and health of the technology team as well as the smooth operation and communication of technology within the studio.
Skydance Animation Madrid produces computer-generated, feature-animated content including asset and shot production. The Technology department provides a wide range of services, including IT infrastructure, software development, production pipeline engineering, technical support, and oversight of collaboration and presentation spaces.
- Oversee the Technology team in Madrid in Partnership with other Directors in Los Angeles.
- Be a member of, Inform, and work with the Studio Leadership Team in Madrid.
- Be a member of, Inform, and work with the global Technology Leadership team.
- Focus on the health and needs of the Madrid studio as a whole.
- Partner with Information Technology, Production Technology, and Program Management Directors to set the technical vision for the studio.
- Partner with Finance and Talent Acquisition to establish a budget and staffing plan.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with Production staff.
- Directly supervise Managers and Engineers in Madrid.
- Indirectly supervise Managers and Engineers based in Madrid that report to Directors in Los Angeles.
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suit the production (and the company) in the development of a stronger creative technical environment.
- Effectively communicate team, project, and production status within the Tech team and, to other areas of Technology.
- Present updates on projects and staff to leadership and executive stakeholders.
- Identify areas of improvement and present those opportunities to key stakeholders.
- Acts as the primary contact person, and is responsible for the department.
- Collaborates and keeps a fluid communication relation with other departments.
- Assign the work to each team member, according to his or her skills.
- Give guidance to the team, supervise the quality of the work, and, works closely with production, in the fulfillment of deadlines.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to source and recruit the best industry talent.
- Mentor potential up-and-coming talent to make them grow in the Studio.
- Act as an ambassador of the company. Has an extensive network in the industry and plays a key role in selling the studio as a first-class working place, maintaining ongoing relationships with key industry players, and contributing to the good reputation of Skydance.
- Over 10 years or more of professional experience such as Engineer or Architect.
- 5+ years of experience managing technical direct reports.
- Proven experience demonstrating superior critical thinking skills, and experience in strategic planning and execution of technology architecture roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams.
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work in the development of solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to connect and influence others in order to achieve organizational priorities.
- Proven ability to break down requirements from users into tangible needs.
- Proven ability to manage solutions through delivery.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
- Knowledge of VFX and animation pipelines is a plus.
- Management of direct reports that supervise others a plus.
- BS degree in Computer Science, IS or IT Management, or equivalent.
- Advanced English and Spanish.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01