Director, Order to Cash (OTC)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Order to Cash (OTC)
San Mateo, CA
The Director, Order to Cash (OTC) leads the delivery of credit, collections, cash application, and billing activities supporting and aligning with Sony’s objectives for sales, profitability, and cash flow through managing onshore and offshore resources. You will work in close coordination with Senior Management, Global Treasury, Legal, Sales, and Marketing, Internal Audit and Compliance, and other functional areas.
- Credit Risk Management - Credit Policy & Procedure, Credit Scoring, Credit Insurance, Credit Line Approvals, Bad Debt Management, and Fraud Prevention
- A/R Collection Activities - Collection process and strategies to drive optimum cash flow, A/R KPI and SLA attainment, and reporting
- Deduction Management
- Cash Application
- Compliance – Internal Audit, Sales Tax, and Escheatment
- AR Reporting, Operating budget, Audit compliance requirements, AR Sox requirements
- Talent Development, succession planning, team engagement
- Process Optimization via Automation, RPA and Outsourcing
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Credit & Collections and Accounts Receivable
- Minimum 5+ years leading collaborative teams
- Experience leading a high performing Commercial Credit & Collections team in a $1B-$5B revenue enterprise with ability to participate in global organizational structure
- Experience setting credit policy and managing Delegation of Authority
- Strong financial & business acumen, Order to Cash skills, Financial Analysis skills, Credit Control & statutory knowledge including Anti-Money Laundering and Escheatment, high learning agility, strategic planning & problem-solving skills, negotiations skills, communication skills, collaborative skills, presentation skills, influencing skills
- Understanding risk mitigation tools such as 3rd party finance options, credit insurance, collateral instruments
- Knowledge of bankruptcy & preference laws and recoupment strategies
- Systems project management experience (systems migration)
- Experience with creating and managing operating budget, and mid-range planning
- Strong communication, relationship & team building skills - Internal and external customers/business partners/vendors at various levels
- Experienced in hiring, developing skills and engaging a team including succession planning and business continuity planning
- Work effectively in a culturally diverse environment
- Must be able to remain objective and diplomatic in difficult situations
- Domestic and international travel (Up to 20%)
- Advanced financial analysis and credit evaluation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the Video Game industry
- Experienced with S/4Hana and BOBJ
- First-hand knowledge and experience in Shared Services & BPO
- Experience in processes optimization & innovation, preferably with robotic process automation
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple business units
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11