Director of Strategic Insights
As Proletariat’s Director of Strategic Insights, you make sure our games aren’t just innovative, but fun for real players. You’re responsible for leading a team to gather insights from players to shape the games and features here at Proletariat. You identify market and game opportunities blending quantitative market research along with player interviews and other qualitative methods. You seamlessly blend user research with data analytics to generate, confirm, and refute new hypotheses. Finally, you’re also the heart of our analytical culture, shaping the way insights are uncovered and delivered to the design and growth teams.
Player-Coach: manage and mentor a team of User Researchers, Data Analysts and Strategic Analysts to drive insights across all of Proletariat’s projects, while also getting your own hands dirty.
Shape the future of Proletariat’s research and analysis culture extending beyond the Insights team to Design and other disciplines. Drive the tools, touchpoints, and responsibility breakdowns to facilitate a culture of data-informed decision making.
Analyze player behavioral data both in-game and out-of game to figure out what’s working and what needs to be done better.
Interview and survey players both formally and informally to drive new hypotheses for games and features our players will love. Drive our processes around how we gather and interpret User Research.
Leverage market trends and quantitative analysis along with player interviews and surveys to determine markets we should enter.
Partner with the design team to shape the creative direction for our games. Figure out where design’s creativity can make the most impact.
Present novel analyses to large groups of non-technical subjects to inspire data-informed decisions across many departments.
- 6+ years of experience in consumer product analysis in the user research, data analysis, or product management fields.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a management role preferred.
- Comfortable reconciling quantitative and qualitative research methods to generate hypotheses and later confirm or deny them.
- Driven at least one game or product from early concept to launch.
- Battled tested experience applying statistics in a real work environment.
- Proficient with SQL
- A natural consumer of gaming and other entertainment industries.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesDate posted: 2021-12-11