Director of Game Design
Proletariat is seeking an experienced Director of Game Design to help build, grow and mentor a creative team of Game Designers. This position will oversee the Game Design team at Proletariat and will help build a culture conducive to creativity and quality game design. This is also a creative leadership role that benefits from experience as it is crucial to understand the challenges that your direct reports will face on a regular basis.
- Manage a team of local and remote game designers, including career development and performance management.
- Determine roles, hire, and onboard a team of game designers who will help build multiple different projects.
- Refine existing and establish new game design processes leading to a productive team and high quality design.
- Foster a collaborative culture of inclusivity, learning, and improvement - both within the design team and other teams such as Product.
- Work with Product & Insights teams to ensure all types of data inputs are central to your teams' work and process.
- Understand and evaluate new trends driving player expectations and behaviors and turn them into learnings for the wider game design team.
- Collaborate with Project Leads to refine game design vision that augments and respects their independent creative process.
- 10+ years professional experience in game design preferred.
- 8+ years professional experience in a management role preferred.
- Experience designing, launching, monitoring, and evolving a live service game.
- Experience leading the game design vision on a multi-player project.
- Ability to take high level management strategy and translate it into actionable tasks for your team.
- Welcome feedback and criticism, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment where concepts and ideas are actively challenged.
- Organized and capable of breaking down complex problems into consumable pieces for others to digest.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesDate posted: 2021-12-11