Director of Engineering & Operations-Core Experience Services
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As the leader of this organization, you are a responsible for championing a vision that aligns with, and further enables SIE’s tremendous growth and engaging entertainment experiences. Your key areas of responsibility will include building and operating core experience high scale services, driving continuous evolution and improvement of our engineering capabilities, and delivering platform-wide performance and resiliency. This highly collaborative leadership role includes working across multiple globally distributed engineering teams to understand the requirements and deliver extensible capabilities to support the growing business needs and rapidly growing customer base. This position requires partnering across product management, architects, engineering, quality, and operations. You will bring extensive technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, continuous integration and continuous delivery platform domain expertise, performance engineering, and associated technology product knowledge. Broad industry knowledge, strong customer empathy, and excellent team building skills are a must. We are looking for a Leader with a focus on operational excellence, and passion that is contagious.
- Attracts and empowers highly engaged, passionate, diverse, driven leaders to lead and inspire our engineering teams.
- Leads and enables teams of Engineering Managers, Software Engineers, and Technical Program Managers to deliver highly available, scalable, and performant services in the cloud.
- Showcases steadfast ownership of outcomes and enablement for their teams
- Role model for customer empathy and focused delivery for both internal and external customers
- Energetically, passionately, and successfully works across organizational boundaries, collaborating to deliver awesome platform capabilities.
- Experienced operational leader that drives operational excellence and continuous improvement within their team and across the organization.
- Builds and fosters agile engineering capabilities and quality engineering practices.
- Demonstrates leadership and expertise by building, operating, and optimizing automated self-service capabilities at enterprise scale.
- Performs a key leadership role in the technology transformation of the existing capabilities and innovation of new capabilities supporting business growth
- Leads and delivers results against the platform strategy roadmap for the enterprise. This includes setting vision, gathering requirements, gaining business consensus, performing vendor and product evaluations, mentoring business and development resources, and delivering solutions.
- Participates in product roadmap discussions, identifies key areas for improvement in the product and incorporate these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives
- BS or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. MS in CS or IS preferred with emphasis on data science, architecture and modeling or database design.
- Extensive recent experience with technology transformation, specifically designing, implementing, and operating automated, self-service solutions in AWS.
- 10+ years’ experience required in delivering enterprise scale solutions in support of on-line, secure, scalable, resilient software as a service delivery required.
- 7+ years of leading, inspiring, and growing engaged Software Engineering and Operations teams.
- Experience leading teams in researching new and emerging technologies to realize potential value, business fit, operations, and cost efficiencies of implementing such technologies is vital.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required
- Must possess the drive and passion for technology leadership with the ability to excite, mentor, and empower team members in various roles in the organization
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels; effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Deep technical experience with transactional data technologies such as DynamoDB, RDS, Cassandra, Aerospike, Oracle, etc., in a highly available enterprise environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Diego, CADate posted: 2021-12-11