Director, Human Resources
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
If you’ve ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, “I was there when it all began,” then welcome aboard…
The Director of Human Resources at Skydance Animation will be responsible for partnering with VP, HR and leadership to develop people strategies that help shape the studio’s culture to engage employees and drive organizational results. This role will also work closely with employees to manage and respond to day-to-day employee and studio needs.
- Partner with leadership on execution of HR programs, processes and strategic initiatives (e.g., performance management, talent management and succession planning, compensation planning)
- Respond to day-to-day HR matters in working closely with the HR Team to respond and delegate accordingly
- Identify opportunities to deliver initiatives that support the achievement of strategic goals
- Consult and provide guidance on organizational design
- Assess and support compensation and total rewards programs
- Utilize available data and analytics to inform business decisions and assess organizational effectiveness; partner with the business to develop and implement plans to address any issues identified
- Resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary
- Interpret and advise on HR policy; maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day to day management of employees; ensure compliance with all applicable employment policies, regulations and laws
- Responsible for additional projects and responsibilities as identified
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including 4+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ability to travel as necessary (10% or less)
- A trustworthy, credible individual who is highly collaborative and able to build effective relationships across the organization
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with a demonstrated track record of establishing self as a trusted advisor to the business
- An individual who balances long term, strategic thought with a willingness to engage in both strategic and tactical activities as necessary to get things done
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including comprehension and effective listening
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01