Director, Executive Recruiter
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation is in need of a Director, Executive Recruiter to help the business scale by recruiting top leaders for executive level positions across the organization. There is no greater reward in search than seeing your hired candidates have a significant, positive impact on the business. If you are interested in joining a highly collaborative and congenial team, with the opportunity to innovate by sharing standard methodologies, and identifying new ways to use technology to streamline and improve the team’s capabilities, while receiving personal and professional development and growth opportunities, then PlayStation wants to know who you are!
This role is fully responsible for owning and executing executive level (Director and Vice President) searches across the PlayStation organization. Qualified candidates will be proficient in all aspects of executive search including search/market strategy, creative candidate sourcing, candidate generation and development, client management, and offer negotiations.
Director, Executive Recruiter
REMOTE - *This position has the flexibility to be fully remote or located within any PlayStation office nationwide.**
- Conducting research to map target companies and top talent for PlayStation
- Crafting unique and robust search strategies to identify and attract the best talent to PlayStation
- Providing strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with executive leadership Working across the organization with key partners such as Human Resources, Compensation, and the Business to ensure an outstanding client and candidate experience
- Developing innovative ways to raise the bar on how PlayStation recruits talent
- Calibrating candidates with hiring managers and senior leaders
- Developing prospects into candidates through engagement and assessment
- Communicates and strategizes the use of recruiting resources, strategic alliances, industry associations, social media presence, tools and systems to identify and recruit the best candidates
- Continually chipping in to the knowledge base of executive recruiting, and PlayStation, by providing education on relevant industries and talent pools
- Building out talent networks and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an ongoing pool of candidates
- Leading client update meetings on active searches
- Conducting on-site interviews, participating in debriefs, performing 360 reference checks, and presenting employment offers on behalf of PlayStation
- Establishes and manages relationships with external research firms, search firms and trade association memberships that will enable expanded networks; especially specialized positions or short supply candidate pools
Critical Success Factors In This Role
- Learning Agility – possess the ability to learn new technology and product domains, and then quickly understand and apply this knowledge into effective search strategies
Communication – a compelling communicator who can optimally engage executive partners, and articulate sophisticated arguments in a polished and professional manner
- Tact & High Judgment – possess the EQ necessary to know when to apply the right pressure and persuasion on prospects/candidates and hiring managers, and when to take a lighter approach
- Self-assured – a professional who is not easily thrown, is able to think on their feet, exhibit maturity, and execute highly confidential searches with senior leadership
- Outgoing and Personable – a desire and aptitude to interact with a variety of individuals, both within and outside the organization, to build and expand a network of valued contacts
- Resilience and Resourcefulness – the drive and perseverance vital to achieve results and maintain a high bar for talent
- Ambiguity Tolerance – a level of comfort and confidence to begin search execution with limited data, and build the foundation of information through research and intellectual curiosity, creatively using SMEs and knowledge partners to ensure successful strategy and execution
- 8+ years of progressive corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on executive level candidate generation in a complex and competitive market
- 5+ years proven ability advising and influencing executive leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience Preferred Qualifications
- Executive recruiting experience in either a blue-chip, global in-house executive search team, or a top executive search firm
- Hires and develops great people
- Experience in executive compensation, total rewards, relocation packages and employment/non-compete agreements
- Experience working with a global organization and across geographic locations
- Relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically and stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of their team
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23