Development Support: Accessibility
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is on the lookout for a talented Development Support who possesses a passion for video games, accessibility, and inclusivity. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Dundee.
WHAT WE DO
- Work with Directors, Producers, and Leads on a cross-department level to design, schedule, and track accessibility-related work within broader development timelines.
- Assist with accessibility evaluations and audits and report findings to the relevant stakeholders. Investigate and assist in the development of possible solutions.
- Document internal accessibility practices and initiatives.
- Research and explore different accessibility and inclusive designs to aid us moving forward.
- Help create and maintain documentation.
- Ensure our videos and images are processed and documented.
- Help support the team reference materials.
- Review and digest lengthy technical documentation.
- Provide general support and coverage for the production team.
- Be on-hand to assist with any accessibility queries.
- Test new accessibility tools.
- Help review in-game accessibility content and provide the stakeholders with videos and screenshots.
- Keep up to date with accessibility industry changes, legal requirements, and guidelines.
- Assist with accessibility research.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices and accessibility standards in the industry.
- Knowledge and passion for Rockstar Games titles.
- A broad knowledge of games across all current platforms.
- Knowledge of accessibility in games, websites, and other media.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with others regarding sensitive topics showing empathy and care.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, manage and prioritize own workload with minimal direction.
- The ability to identify possible knock-on effects to decisions made during the development process.
- Experience working on accessibility content for media or websites (captioning, STT/TTS, audio cues, web accessibility, etc).
- Passionate about accessibility and inclusivity.
- Knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 Level A and AA, and familiarity with Level AAA.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23