Development Assistant: Vehicles
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for Vehicle Development Assistant who has passion for Vehicles and Game Development to support vehicle team to create Incredible Vehicle Art. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- The Vehicle Art team design, build and texture all modes of transport within our game worlds. If you can drive, ride, sail or fly in it, we will have created it.
- Our vehicles are not just modes of transport but an extension of a player’s personality and desires, their tastes and aesthetics – not only customizable and configurable, but with an inherent history for both the type of vehicle and the game-world brand it represents. From brand-new to worn and weathered, we want each vehicle to be a ‘character’ in its own right.
- We research in-depth and maintain understanding of all modes of transport – how they function and are constructed, and the cultural attachment people and the world at large have to them.
- We work with other internal departments in design, code and animation to make sure our vehicles work functionally with their expectations and needs.
- We work alongside other art departments to ensure our assets hit the highest visual standards and remain consistent with the entire game world visuals.
- You will work in a specialized vehicle department within a larger team that is very passionate about making industry leading games.
- You will work on resolving the technical bugs related to vehicles under the supervision of a Senior/Lead.
- You will work on creating prop models for vehicles and set it up to function in the game as expected.
- Work with our engine tools to export assets into the game, where you will test and maintain both the individual quality control and expected function of the asset.
- You will assist Production Co Ordinator on a day-to-day basis on gathering data and to create bugs for the vehicle Team.
- You will work with Leads to gather information related to stages of vehicle update and maintain the status updated in Vehicle Board.
- A comprehensive modelling and texturing portfolio showing a varied range of 3D art completed is required to apply.
- Strong passion for vehicles and Knowledge of various Automobiles, components, and general understanding of its functionalities.
- Experience using 3DStudio Max, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Low poly modelling and creating optimised textures for gaming.
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel outlook and word.
- A great team-player: Self-motivated with good communication skills and takes direction readily.
- Able to accurately follow common goals and time-driven set tasks whilst working under own initiative.
- Effective time management skills to deliver the brief to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Strong traditional art foundations: including but not limited to observational drawing, photography, and technical illustration.
- Working knowledge of Game Engines.
- Deep understanding and love of car culture.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23