Developer Support Engineer - Multiplayer Suite
As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be working closely with and supporting some of the biggest names in gaming today. This person will also be a part of both the local and distributed team of DSEs covering all timezones across a 24/7 remit, being the first point of contact for our user’s technical needs. As well as playing a key part in keeping some of the most prestigious games operational at all times, adept at responding swiftly but articulately to our customer requests, as well as solving challenging technical issues on their behalf or escalating to other senior technical teams where vital.
You’ll love and thrive in an expeditious live operational environment where the pace is never slow, used to actively observing, supervising and taking action on multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously. Your keen attention to detail and forward thinking approaches to troubleshooting will drive your and our end user’s success.
Does this sounds exciting to you? If you're a technical expert with your fingers on the pulse of the latest groundbreaking hosting, gaming and cloud tech, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Be responsible for customer requests and tickets within committed SLA response times, whilst delivering outstanding customer experience with clear and effective interpersonal communication
- Ensure detailed understanding and troubleshooting of user’s needs across our variety of Unity Games Services products
- Proactive support and supervising of key metrics and alerts from our products
- Be comfortable escalating issues to relevant senior internal cross functional technical teams when needed, support users and internal teams by assuming relevant roles within a defined incident management process
- Build relationships with third party vendors to check, maintain or replace hardware as well as identify and fix network related issues
What we’re looking for
- Customer-facing technical support capacity with hosting/IaaS/cloud products and services
- Proven record of experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.)
- Video game obsessed - you know your latest Call of Duty from your Fall Guys!
- Comfortable with working hours that include shift patterns of work (5 days on, 2 days off); weekend shifts and working national holidays are included as normal working hours in this role
- Knowledge of critical issue policies and how to utilize them efficiently, especially in a live operations setting
You might also have
- Worked as part of a global shift-orientated team with documentation process
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- Previous experience with Unity engine
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Seoul, South KoreaDate posted: 2021-12-11