Developer Support Engineer, Gaming Services
Unity Technologies provides a growing number of gaming services to our customers as an end-to-end solution to build, run and grow their games. These services complement the core engine software used by game developers, providing them with Analytics intelligence, Multiplayer capabilities and a suite of Cloud based services, to deliver non-stop fun and new targeted content to delight players and keep them engaged with the game.
As a Gaming Services Developer Support Engineer for Unity you will be the primary point of contact for game developers using our services, responding to questions, solving problems, crafting tutorials, and generally ensuring the highest quality of customer experience. Working with a passionately curious team of support engineers and collaborating closely with product development and engineering colleagues, you are part developer, part investigator, and all about our customer's happiness!
Game development technology is your playground, and software integration is your favorite kind of the challenge; you love it when customers present a wide variety of problems that require your particular brand of agile-thinking and problem-solving skills. New problems every day? No problem -- especially when you don’t already know the answers, because you're happiest when you're learning something new and illuminating the path ahead for others to follow!
What you’ll be doing
- You are the first line of support for technical support inquiries from developers, using the Zendesk ticketing system to prioritise and respond to issues
- Participate in client meetings as a domain specialist for technical product details
- Investigate, research, debug, and resolve integration problems, interacting with customers and internal development engineers as needed to drive product improvements
- Improve, expand, and develop the documentation, resource materials, technical FAQs, and get involved with customer discussions and Forum posts, always guiding customers towards the best solution.
- Prepare and distribute weekly reports that detail the issues you are working on
What we’re looking for
- Experience in software development or support, with strong programming skills in C#, C++, Objective-C, Java, or related
- Previous Unity development experience
- Experience with Xbox, Playstation or Switch console development platforms, SDKs, debugging and build processes
- Familiarity with iOS and Android development tools including build tools, debugging and service provisioning
- Outstanding teamwork and social skills, strong communication skills, proactive attitude, and a drive for results
You might also have
- Previous monetization tech (mobile ads or in-app purchase) background
- Previous experience in a B2B technical support role
- Experience with other game engines and development environments (such as Unreal, cocos2d, or OpenGL)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Edinburgh, ScotlandDate posted: 2022-01-20