Destiny Senior Systems Designer, Rewards
Bungie is seeking a highly technical, creative, and team-oriented Economy Designer to design our reward and economy experiences in Destiny. You'll be responsible for helping design reward types, vendor experiences, progressions, and more. If balancing a live game economy sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
- Maintain and improve Destiny economy balance and experience around currencies, gear, and upgrade materials
- Design and implement modular features that can be used throughout Destiny to improve retention, acquisition, and monetization in ways that respect our players
- Build, model, and tweak the in-game economy using multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, and faucets
- Update and Maintain Itemization of Destiny’s Reward Taxonomy
- Experience as an economic or progression systems designer with at least one shipped product under your belt (or other relevant experience)
- Experience designing, documenting, and executing itemization, investment, or any other fundamental RPG game system at any scale
- Ability to model your in-game economy in a software package of your choice
- Ability to effectively communicate across disciplines
- Interest in playtesting, getting feedback, and giving feedback
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
- Degree in Economics, Finance, or Statistics
- Technical experience writing text-based scripts to manage game systems (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language)
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23