Destiny Senior Graphics Engineer
Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with graphics features, workflows, and tools? Would you like to help design and implement real-time rendering algorithms that further enhance the breathtaking visuals of Destiny? Are you willing and able to collaborate directly with artists to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Would you like to work on worlds that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As a Senior Destiny Graphics Engineer you will manage, mentor, and help foster growth in the other engineers on your team. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building features and pipelines that empower our game teams to craft incredible visual experiences. As part of a diverse company that prizes creativity, technical excellence, and work-life balance, you will work with a fun and inspirational cross-discipline team devoted to making Destiny one of the best games in the world.
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new graphics features and workflows
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Manage engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Proficiency in 3D math, data structures and algorithms
- Experience implementing modern rendering algorithms, and familiarity with rendering techniques used in real-time graphics and/or production rendering
- Comfortable with debugging, profiling, and optimizing C++ and shader code for production and release
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Ability to manage other engineers
- Experience developing tools and workflows
- Experience with proprietary/custom rendering engines
- Experience developing on current generation consoles
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23