Destiny Hard Surface Art Outsourcing Specialist
Are you passionate about creating amazing looking hard surface art for video games? We’re looking for a hard surface artist with games industry experience, as well as a background working with outsourced assets. Specifically, this job requires:
- Reviewing feedback on Poly counts, file set up, aesthetic and design specs.
- Communicating to external art vendors at each stage of 3d production: Block Model, High Poly, Low Poly and UVs, Textures, etc.
- Incorporating feedback from Art Direction, from the Art Outsource Manager and the Hard Surface Art Lead.
- Standardizing naming conventions and file organization.
- Basic Integration of a subset of assets with oversight on complex assets
- Custom shader and dye creation
- Closing Bug Support
- Content creation of a Hard Surface Asset per release
- Ability to take direction well
- ability to create visually appealing and high quality 3-D game assets.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues related to creating 3-D art and a willingness to learn our proprietary game engine.
- Maintaining positive relationships with internal artists and external vendors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Updated Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Updated Portfolio / Demo Reel
- Provide password if applicable
- Tailor your portfolio to the specific job that you’re applying for
- Portfolio breakdown: provide additional notes, references, explanations, etc.
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23