Destiny Engineering Feature Lead – Activities
Do you delight in helping engineers grow into experts? Are you excited to navigate challenging technical constraints to accomplish lofty design goals? Do you strive to create a healthy and happy culture to redefine what is possible for pinnacle gaming experiences? Are you inspired to abstract discrete requests into reusable multipurpose tools?
As Engineering Lead, you will guide a team of engineers by fostering relationships with designers to identify necessary features and workflow improvements. You will create, prioritize, and organize the backlog of work for the team by balancing customer desires, business goals, and technical needs. You will create, evolve, and drive team rituals to facilitate continuous learning and growth. Most importantly, you will come to work every day excited to see a fun and intelligent team.
- Manage and mentor engineers to accelerate their career progression
- Build and communicate robust mental models for complex technical architecture
- Drive alignment and execution of improvements to designer workflow and underlying engineering systems
- Consistently and clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Foster strong working relationships with customers, team members, and leadership
- Experience managing and mentoring high throughput engineers
- Comfortable communicating with reports, customers, and leadership about difficult topics
- Experience leading (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping
- Proficient at coordinating multiple small team efforts
- Experience building gameplay features in C++
- Deep understanding of player experiences, design principles, and workflow best practices
- Experience working in a live service environment
- Familiarity with project management software tools, agile methodologies, and scrum best practices
- Experience with distributed networking architectures
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23