Destiny 3D Hard Surface Artist (multiple openings)
Do you think about what a receiver would have to work and look like if it were fed from the magazine with lightning bullets? What about if you were harnessing the power of the sun, charging, and channeling it inside a rifle? Do you find yourself thinking about how the starboard wing of a spaceship would attach to the main fuselage if it had to repeatedly endure the stresses of re-entry, warp space, and orbital ascension? How would you sit on a rocket with gravity repulsors, hit the throttle, and have the whole thing not only hold together, but look good doing it? These are the questions that we tackle daily, and then we make those dreams come true for us, and our millions of players.
We are looking for artists to not only realize our imaginations with us, but who live and breathe it. You know who you are, you see vertices, high poly, baking, shaders, and that polished in game asset that makes everyone smile and get hyped as your bread and butter. You love talking with the team to bounce around ideas, help spin up new work, polish to that gleaming shine, and plays perfectly.
We are right there with you, it is what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things, and we think you might fit in just fine.
- Translate fully realized concepts and simple napkin sketches into amazing models of weapons and vehicles
- Author realistic, futuristic, and sometimes, fantastical textures for multiple shader functions such as albedo, normal, roughness, metal, and detail maps
- Meet the quality bar established by the Art Director and Art Lead
- Collaborate with the Art Lead, Concept, FX, Design, Engineering, and Animation on visuals, functions, style, limitations, etc.
- Incorporate technical, artistic, basic understanding of animation, and knowledge of industrial and mechanical design into asset creation
- Experience working as a Hard Surface Artist on a shipped game title (AAA), or equivalent
- Hard Surface assets for feature films
- Well-rounded understanding of surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality
- Proficient with 3D Max, Maya, Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Proficient with high to low poly pipelines
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Participate in constructive critiques
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23