Designer - Platform Game (Junior/Experienced)
We’re looking for a designer to join our games team working on a new exciting platform game. You will have strong knowledge of game mechanics and game design and already have a few games under your belt which demonstrate your design approach and ability.
You will display confidence in your work and can craft and deliver design solutions based on high level design briefs. This is a hands-on role that requires you to take responsibility for your work, working proactively with others to solve problems, doing whatever it takes to ensure timely feature delivery to a high level of quality.
- Being the go-to person for both existing and new features
- Creation of feature specifications to meet the game vision
- Conveying and clarifying elements of design both written and verbally
- Guiding and supporting various teams during feature implementation
- At times working independently to add or tune game features and data
- Gathering and using feedback, both qualitive and quantitative, to make improvements
- Championing the quality of game features and systems
Essential Skills and Experience
- Contributed significantly to at least one full game cycle from start to finish
- Experience designing and implementing platform games or similar
- Excellent communication skills with a desire and ability to work well with others
- Comfortable working with the tools of the trade: level editors, version control, spreadsheets, scripting, analytics etc.
- A logical thinker and problem solver with a positive proactive approach to games development
- A passion for games of all types
- Unity development experience
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes ULEV car salary sacrifice, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride-to-work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to help work fit around you
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
The role will initially be remote, as we have not returned to the office yet. The expectation is that when we do return to the office, we will be taking a hybrid working approach and you will be expected to work 3 days in the office with the option of 2 days out of the office.
Location: Leamington Spa, WarwickshireDate posted: 2021-12-11