PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Design Technologist
PlayStation is seeking a front-end engineer for our Design Technology team. Through exploratory prototyping and tools development, Design Technologists accelerate innovation timelines and allow us to achieve more elegant and polished final products.
You will join our team and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of designers and engineers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization and explore state-of-the-art concepts and technology.
What We Need You To Do
- Bridge our design and development teams by implementing prototype versions of new features and products.
- Navigate the complex and evolving tech stack used in existing products to understand what capabilities our design team can take advantage of, and to help push those capabilities forward.
- Contribute to the development of custom design tools and plugins using modern web technologies.
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including adherence to coding and documentation standards.
- Stay current with evolving UI and graphics technologies across web, mobile, and native platforms.
- Bring strong attention to detail, polish, and app performance.
What You Bring
- A solid portfolio demonstrating examples of prototypes, concepts and projects
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- An appreciation of the details of interface design, including motion, sound, and typography
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Sketch and Figma
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23