Data Services Engineering Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Services Engineering Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Our team D2C Data Engineering department is growing! Passionate about working on critical initiatives that allow for creativity and room for growth? At PlayStation, we use a variety of the most ground-breaking tools and deal with enormous amounts of data. Are you a strong believer in using data and technologies to drive the best business decisions? If so, read on…
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s (SIE) Global Payment and Fraud Teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation® Network (PSN). We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
As a Manager of Data Services team for the D2C Data Engineering department, you will lead a team of engineers using a wide array of skills and tools. Data Services monitors, supports, and enhances all Data Solutions work products. This involves teams in the GPFD department and outside of the department. The mission of fighting fraud daily can involve anything from short-term (a few weeks) to long-term projects (6+ months). Our responsibility is to provide data, dashboards, reports, and systems for the teams to do their daily jobs. We have lots of challenges, things change, and we get to be creative as we solve problems and build solutions.
Manage a team of engineers who:
- Monitor and Enhance data pipelines and automated solutions for GPFD and D2C teams
- Maintain systems, create alerts, dashboards, charts/reports, and alerts delivery
- Document processes, architecture of systems/data flows, project plans, using the agile methodology
- Build training materials/presentations and present slides to a wide variety of audiences, from highly technical peers to executive management
- Find issues and appropriately and expertly raise tickets within/without the team
- Solve complex problems through highly creative methods
As a Manager:
- Provide weekly staff 1:1s, mentor team members, enable team growth, perform annual reviews
- Establish 24/7 support in coordination with offshore resources for nights/weekends.
- Participate in hiring, interviewing, developing tests, reviewing (pre-screening) candidates
- Budget and Forecast Data Solutions assets/services
- Use cloud technologies to provide robust solutions and learn new tools/systems as they emerge
- Demonstrate an outstanding work ethic
- Demonstrate a passion for protecting Sony and its customers
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in database development, programming, design, and analysis.
- Solid experience with data and databases
- Familiarity with common files formats - csv, xml, json, avro
- SQL skills - writing, reading, tuning, debugging
- Data table design skills – DDL & DML
- Understanding SQL execution
- General knowledge in Linux, Unix Administration, and Windows Administration
- File ownership and permissions, file/data transfer methods
- Users, access/authentication, and encryption/ssh
- Experience with automation, configuration management, enterprise schedulers
- Management experience, team leader, scrum master
- Database skills - Snowflake, DynamoDB, Oracle, Hadoop, Athena, EMR
- Reporting/BI Tools – Tableau/Splunk/Datadog
- Basic Knowledge of Payments Processing and CNP (Card Not Present) Fraud
- Streams – Kinesis/Kafka/ActiveMQ
- Cloud- Common Services, AMIs, instances, automation, storage (Packer/Ansible/Chef/Puppet), Docker, etc.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Diego, CADate posted: 2021-12-11