Data Platform Engineer
Do you live and breathe databases? Love to work on database technologies that are at the heart of a user's experience? Enjoy collaborating with colleagues who are using databases to design performance and reliability from the start? Can you help our teams collaborate well, both internally and with our partners globally?
As a Database Engineer at Bungie you will help administer, architect and support technology solutions for both internal studio needs as well as our customer facing production systems. You’ll work on a team of experienced database and big data engineers to keep our development efforts rolling and our fans online and playing. Most importantly, you will work with a team to help find creative solutions to challenging issues on one of the most technically impressive games in the world.
- Help design, operate, and maintain a data tier that meets the demands of millions of concurrent users
- Work with the latest database technologies on cutting-edge hardware
- Be a Microsoft SQL expert to engineering teams to provide feedback on design, conduct code reviews, and troubleshoot internal and live systems
- Help maintain systems across a wide range of scale, from the dozens of internal tools that help our day-to-day workflows, to the giant production systems under the load of millions of Destiny players
- Be part of an on-call rotation and do occasional off-hours systems maintenance
- Extensive experience administering Microsoft SQL Server in mission critical environments (SQL 2016+ experience required)
- Knowledge of SQL internals, monitoring, performance tuning, and both how to write T-SQL queries and help others tune theirs to get the best possible performance
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and solving SQL performance problems at large scale (e.g., hundreds of databases and hundreds of TBs of information)
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work well with others to reach common goals—team fit and culture are very important to us
- Familiarity with NoSQL database systems and/or technologies such as Elasticsearch, Graphite, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with Windows Failover Clustering
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Development experience with PowerShell (or equivalent script languages), C# or other .NET languages
- Experience with Linux system administration and scripting languages such as Python and Bash
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23