PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
The Data Strategy & Operations (DSO) team has grown rapidly over recent years in response to a growing need for the business to use data to advise and shape key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are approximately 120 staff within the DSO team, split between London and California, made up of high quality BI and data professionals covering BI architecture and platform support, data processing, insight reporting, predictive analytics, scrum masters and product management.
We are looking for a Data engineer to join the Data strategy & Operations team within the Sony PlayStation environment. You will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the data processing platform, taking initiative while working with a highly skilled team under limited supervision. Based out of our San Mateo offices, our team provides business intelligence services for various global business units associated with Sony PlayStation.
- Engineer data pipelines and provide automated solutions for DSO teams
- Work proactively to address project requirements, and articulate issues challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risk
- System monitoring and alerting, dashboards, charts/reports and alerts delivery
- Ensure code is fully scalable, maintainable, and performant
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to ensure the timely delivery of projects
- Requires ability to work in a global and multi-cultural environment. Team members are in multiple geographies, resulting in time constraints due to time zones differences and a requirement for occasional travel
- Participate in the agile development process
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- BS Degree in Engineering or Masters, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in database development, programming, design, and analysis
- 3 plus years of experience in coding and scripting languages - Python, bash, Korn
- 3 to 5 years of experience in ETL programming (Ab Initio)
- 3 plus years of experience in SQL and a variety of database technologies – Snowflake, Teradata and Oracle
- Good technical analysis & troubleshooting skills
- Experience in designing and architecting medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards & framework
- General knowledge in Linux, Unix Administration and Windows Administration
- Knowledge of Dimensional Modelling
- Experience with automation, configuration management, enterprise schedulers
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Services is a plus
- Familiarity with Information Delivery tools (such as MicroStrategy/Tableau) is a plus
- Experience in developing large-scale data processing platforms
- Extensive experience throughout the software development lifecycle
- Interpersonal skills including presentation, negotiating, conflict resolution, etc.
- Strong communication skills. It is vital that the successful candidate is able to explain complex technical issues in non-technical terms to business partners
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within parallel development cycles and aggressive timelines
- Knowledge and experiences of SDLC methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving ability
- Skilled in business requirements analysis with ability to translate business information into technical specifications
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11