PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Reporting Analyst, D2C Reporting & Analytics
The Direct to Consumer team are part of a vibrant Global Sales organization whose mission is to grow the lifetime value of PlayStation customers by providing world leading customer centric retail experiences. D2C brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. Our area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years and has now become the key revenue driver for the business.
The D2C Planning team drives accountability for business results through empowering leadership with data & intelligence, implementing KPI frameworks linked to our goals and accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, who are passionate about e-commerce and inspired by being at the forefront of gaming monetisation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Reporting & Analytics, the Reporting Analyst will support the delivery of a D2C reporting suite, with a specific focus on data management, quality and consistency across a broad range of PlayStation data and dashboards. This is an important position requiring both strong technical knowledge and business awareness.
What You’ll Do
- As part of a growing centralized reporting team you will driving consistency in data, definitions, functionality and branding of a high-quality suite of commercial reports
- Manage and utilize commercial Store data (Budgets, Forecasts, Actuals) to deliver performance reports, dashboards and ad hoc support for commercial teams
- Define and document new KPIs and company-wide metrics
- Partner with data providers to recommend and prioritize the delivery of new data, data models and BI tools
- Automate the availability of timely and accurate information to our business users
- Partner with Digital Games Sales teams to understand and support their business needs
- Provide exceptional service by being passionate, trustworthy and focused on delivering insightful tools to our commercial teams
- Engage with business teams to support, educate and drive consumption of D2C information
Experience & Skills
- A fast learner, quickly becoming an expert on PlayStation data and our databases
- An analyst who is confident to work on their own or as part of a team
- An ability to manage and balance multiple tasks and projects
- Precision, accuracy, and a keen eye for detail are essential in this role
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Data & Analytics
- Knowledge of Gaming industry & ecommerce preferred
- Strong technical skills including SQL, excel and experience with data visualization tools – MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI
- Strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the needs of key stakeholders
- A clear and concise communicator
- Solutions-oriented problem solver with a focus on generating business value
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and focus on generating results
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23