At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Do you love driving creative vision and game design across multiple titles?
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a Creative Lead to help grow our digital games publishing business! We are seeking a professional who enjoys setting clear targets, performing competitive analysis of existing games, and clearly presenting creative roadmaps.
As the Creative Lead, you are an expert communicator and negotiator, coordinating both external development partners as well as consulting on internal production efforts. You can adapt management and communication styles to suit ambiguous situations and different working styles, often across multiple cultures. You routinely present projects to senior leaders and executives with confidence and transparency.
What You'll Do:
- Own creative vision for assigned products and externally produced digital games, balancing product needs with business needs.
- Lead all aspects of creative digital translation of Wizards’ various IPs.
- Ensure creative consistency and design, striving for quality.
- Maintain creative alignment between the publishing leadership and development partners.
- Build AAA games using best in breed analytics and user experience design.
- Facilitate collaboration with Development, Production and Marketing.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years in a creative leadership or similar position with a proven record of leading teams to success.
- Expertise in mobile/tablet free-to-play gaming trends and competition, including narrative, UI/UX design, and audio.
- Experience in leading full-cycle published game titles, live services, and/or games as a service across multiple client platforms.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills; thoughtfully able to present difficult concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Detailed understanding of game development process, including design methodology, craftsmanship and production, with a passion for data driven designs and quick iterations.
- A track record in building highly effective interpersonal business relationships and generating business in a highly matrixed organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Location: Renton, WADate posted: 2021-12-11