Country Manager, India
As country Manager, India you will Report to the Managing Director, Emerging Markets, as Country Manager, you will help us set up and grow our business in India: You will build a team to develop an immersive player experience for current and new players across Riot's portfolio of games and media, with a focus on the Mobile Games Market.
We are looking for someone with a player and cultural empathy that can lead the local execution of go-to-market plans, provide publishing services, and build strategic partnerships in the region to create long-term value. Having a business network is required.
- Build Riot's India game publishing organization and ensure that it delivers player value in an efficient way
- Oversee strategies focused on monetization, payment methods operations and optimization, eCommerce, and develop B2B strategic alliances
- Help prioritize marketing spend across India.
- Lead the ongoing development of Riot's strategic and commercial partnerships across India
- Build a team with a focus on Publishing and Business Development
- Manage the development of strategic initiatives on essential areas of focus that could accelerate and further diversify our growth
- Identify business partnerships by engaging and managing third-party agencies or direct relationships.
- Create a network of partners who share Riot's philosophy in "Player Experience First" and who can help us deliver authentic experiences to our players
- Create leads for commercial execution on sponsorship deals from sourcing, structuring, and closing through campaign implementation and partner retention
- With the senior leadership team, create the strategic vision for Riot in India. Execute high impact initiatives that may include new ecosystem product development, Esports development, branding and advertising, community engagement, local content creation, press relations, etc
- Prioritize effectively and use relationships with internal Riot teams and stakeholders. Be the face and voice of Riot India, representing us with player communities, the media, government, and trade associations
- Manage compliance and regulatory requirements of the local authorities to gaming companies and Riot Games
- Take responsibility for Riot's P&L, managing complex business decisions around cost
- Lead by example, promote Riot's culture and drive cultural alignment within Riot
- 8+ years of work experience in publishing or marketing within the video game or entertainment industry
- 3+ years of Business Development and or general management experience
- Direct P&L Ownership
- Experience driving results through strategy
- An understanding of the mobile games market in India
- Experience achieving excellent results working with other teams across the globe
- Languages: English, Hindi [business proficiency]
- Desirable MBA
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match and double down your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Location: Mumbai, IndiaJob IdDate posted: 2021-12-11