At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a writer with passion for the creative process and a deep love of generating exciting, resonant, and on-brand copy? Magic: the Gathering is seeking a Copywriter for our studio to create brand, product, and internal messaging for all paper Magic products. You don't have to be a ninja or a unicorn, but you will have to write about them!
The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented creative thinker who will collaborate both conceptually and tactically with internal packaging design staff, product designers, worldbuilding leads, editors, and localization partners.
This role is unique within the studio, as it touches every product we develop and works directly with senior leadership; beyond a massively creative mind that can generate tons of copy, a high level of autonomy, self-direction, and project ownership will determine success in this role.
In the Magic Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for all of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
What You'll Do:
Besides being a skilled writer and creative problem solver, the Copywriter must:
- Write effective on-brand packaging, trade, advertising, and content copy for Magic TCG products, with a goal of translating business objectives into effective consumer-focused communications.
- Build internal brand messaging guidelines for card sets, products, and other purposes, and work with various teams to help them understand and follow them.
- Stay up to date on cultural trends and make sure the brand voice never sounds out of touch.
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years professional copywriting experience, with clear increase in responsibility and autonomy.
- A dazzling portfolio that reflects the ability to flex to different brands and tones.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, working on major entertainment and/or gaming brands.
- Knowledge of Magic: The Gathering a plus.
- Experience writing copy for packaging a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Location: Renton, WADate posted: 2021-12-11