Consumer Insights Researcher
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Gameloft’s mission is to amaze the world, so everyone can enjoy a moment of happiness.
We have been proudly crafting games since 2000, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads.” Talented Gameloft employees from all over the world have created established franchises, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
We put passion into every pixel of our games. It’s at the core of what we do every day, and major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, etc. recognize Gameloft’s creativity and trust us to produce awesome gaming experiences.
We are part of Vivendi—one of the world’s largest media groups—giving us the mana and resources to set our expectations high and aim for the very best.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Integrated into the Consumer & Market Insights team, you will help different Gameloft departments around the world to acquire a better understanding of mobile gamers' traits so that we can create products and design experiences that better serve their needs and expectations. As such, your day-to-day activities will vary and you will deliver recommendations, based on your knowledge and findings, to a large array of internal specialists: game creation teams, editorial team, product & brand marketing, licensing, business development, community management, etc. This role is based in either Montreal or Toronto.
Your everyday tasks will include:
- Liaising with internal departments to determine their research needs and provide appropriate qualitative/quantitative research solutions
- Translating business needs into research plans and developing questionnaires that meet the objectives of the study
- Conducting market analysis for any upcoming games, using data analytics tools
- Managing a project from A to Z, with the support of internal and external toolsets
- Developing analysis and reporting plans
- Developing new tools, methodologies, and standards to reflect consumer changes
- Analyzing data from multiple sources, and providing recommendations tailored to different departments and levels
- Writing clear, inspiring and actionable insight stories for stakeholders, using data support
- Staying up to date on developments in the mobile and PC/console game industry and beyond, with particular attention to trends, social media, consumer behaviour and data/analytics
- Championing consumer research across the company and fostering a culture of decision-making based on consumer needs
- Working on projects that vary from in-game surveys, trend reports and competitor analysis to more high-level topics such as investigating particular audiences and/or enriching the data on player segments
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Around 5 years of successful experience with quantitative/qualitative research methods and techniques, and strong analytical skills. These methods can vary from segmentation, concept testing, A/B testing, focus groups, online diaries, etc.
- Experience at a market research agency or at a mobile/video game company. Applicants from other Consumer Insight backgrounds are welcome.
- Strong project management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Interest in interpreting numbers and other data, and the ability to translate that into actionable results and insights for teams
- Adaptable to the needs of different teams
- Ability to communicate complicated concepts simply, and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Passion for gaming across a variety of platforms (mobile, console, PC, esports, etc.), from hardcore gaming titles to casual social games
- Completely fluent in English, both spoken and written
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are located for an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation for work- life-balance
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a fun place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV and your cover letter.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaDate posted: 2021-12-17