Cloud Gaming Systems Architect
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As the Future Technology Group we build custom software and highly scalable distributed systems based solutions within the PlayStation ecosystem. We're passionate about cloud gaming and providing the best possible experience for our end-users. We're looking at what the future of cloud gaming is and how we can deliver groundbreaking new experiences while continually improving our existing ones.
Who You'll Work With:
As System Architect you will be a liaison between business and development teams. You will work closely with our various internal engineering teams as well as cross-organization teams learning how they operate. You'll support developers and teams; helping them to draft and implement architecture in a hybrid cloud environment. Work with other architects and engineering leadership to maintain and iterate on new and current architectures. You will present to senior leadership, providing project status updates and recommendations.
What You'll Do:
You will be an enabler who works with others to deliver high-quality solutions collaboratively with other engineering teams. You will act as a force multiplier for the rest of the organization, provide active mentorship and coaching for others. Work with other teams at every phase of the software development lifecycle and layer of the stack. Work with senior leadership to bridge business requirements with technical solutions. Regularly review product architecture and contribute to refining new and existing services. More specifically you will:
- Facilitate the development of clean architecture across the organization
- Replicate, share, and drive visibility of success stories across teams
- Help to define product architecture vision, principles, strategy and both short and long term goals
- Advocate for developer's efficiency and concerns
- Identify key areas of improvement within the organization's software engineering processes and workflows.
- Develop proof of concepts for new technologies, frameworks and components
- Lead projects through design, development, and release with other software engineers and teams
What We're Looking For:
You are passionate about software architecture and software development. You look at the big picture knowing business value comes first but are willing to stand up for quality. You're interested in understanding the business side now and in the future. You strive to make others lives easier by solving high impacting problems that address concerns affecting the entire organization and consumers. You are experienced in both public (AWS) and private (On-premises) cloud environments. Specifically we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of software development experience with consumer facing products
- 2+ years of proven experience crafting microservice and SOA oriented architectures in hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Strong understanding of modern software development practices (Agile) and lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Drives decisions through collaboration, resolves conflicts and is able to lead, influence and ensure project success
- Experienced and comfortable with speaking publicly to varying audiences ranging from Individual Contributors to Senior Leadership
- Able to distill high level ambiguous business requirements into technical solutions
- Expert at developing distributed systems with at least one major programming language (Java, Go, Python, C++)
- Experienced with on-premises and public cloud infrastructures
- Experienced with cloud-native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, CNCF)
- Experienced working in a scrum team and with scrum methodology
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: Aliso Viejo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11