At Rockstar Games, we create world class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is on the lookout for talented Animators who possess a passion for cinematic animation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of New York.
WHAT WE DO
- We create cutscenes and cinematic sequences for all Rockstar video games.
- We embellish performances, emphasizing weight, timing & silhouette to create visually stunning cinematics.
- We work with the global animation and design teams to problem solve and implement cinematic sequences.
- We review animations and implement feedback from lead reviews.
- We are involved in the planning and direction of motion capture shoots.
- Create stunning animations that are responsive and cinematic.
- Work closely with the camera team to create immersive cinematic experiences.
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Minimum 1 years of experience animating video games.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual, with deep-rooted interest in films and video games.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations.
- Strong understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Deep rooted interest in video games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of MotionBuilder and motion capture.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Experience of film editing, lighting or VFX.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Manhattan, New York, United StatesDate posted: 2023-01-02