Crytek is looking for a Cinematic Animator to join our Creative Services team, responsible for creating in-game content and award winning promotional material. The Cinematic Animator will be required to develop player experiences and scripted events for inclusion in-games and promotional material, all with a solutions-oriented and quality-focused approach.
You will be responsible for developing scenes under the guidance of the Animation Director and Head of the Creative Services Department. Be a part of the creative process from initial prototypes through to the delivery of polished cinematic scenes, working alongside a multi-skilled team of cinematic artists, lighting artists and technical artists, that work collaboratively; breaking down deliverables; sharing regular updates and delivering on commitments.
You’ll also be expected to use your technical problem solving skills to find solutions and improve techniques.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Work closely with the Animation Director, Cinematic Lead and Head of Department to assure a high degree of quality on all cut scenes.
- Assist in documentation of cinematic development processes and techniques.
- Coordinate with internal and external departments including art, animation, audio and production to achieve project objectives. Provides guidance and assistance where required, and is willing to accept guidance and assistance when required.
- Contributes innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Provide project status in department meetings.
- Work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the gaming industry, in a Cinematic Animator capacity.
- Proficient with Maya.
- Experience with creating realistic facial animation.
- Motion capture cleanup experience.
- First person and biped animation experience essential.
- Ability to take direction well and address notes in a timely fashion.
- Strong compositional sense, editorial craft and narrative mastery.
- Understanding of cinematic or feature animation production pipelines and workflows.
- Passionate about making games.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Motion Capture experience (Motionbuilder).
- Working knowledge of CRYENGINE or similar products.
- Cinematography knowledge.
- Rigging skill is a plus.
- Enjoy playing games.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01