Crytek is looking for a Cinematic Animator to join our Creative Services team, responsible for creating in-game content and award winning promotional material. The Cinematic Animator will be required to develop player experiences and scripted events for inclusion in-games and promotional material, all with a solutions-oriented and quality-focused approach.
You will be responsible for developing scenes under the guidance of the Animation Director and Head of the Creative Services Department. Be a part of the creative process from initial prototypes through to the delivery of polished cinematic scenes, working alongside a multi-skilled team of cinematic artists, lighting artists and technical artists, that work collaboratively; breaking down deliverables; sharing regular updates and delivering on commitments.
You’ll also be expected to use your technical problem solving skills to find solutions and improve techniques.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Work closely with the Animation Director, Cinematic Lead and Head of Department to assure a high degree of quality on all cut scenes.
- Assist in documentation of cinematic development processes and techniques.
- Coordinate with internal and external departments including art, animation, audio and production to achieve project objectives. Provides guidance and assistance where required, and is willing to accept guidance and assistance when required.
- Contributes innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Provide project status in department meetings.
- Work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the gaming industry, in a Cinematic Animator capacity.
- Proficient with Maya.
- Experience with creating realistic facial animation.
- Motion capture cleanup experience.
- First person and biped animation experience essential.
- Ability to take direction well and address notes in a timely fashion.
- Strong compositional sense, editorial craft and narrative mastery.
- Understanding of cinematic or feature animation production pipelines and workflows.
- Passionate about making games.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Motion Capture experience (Motionbuilder).
- Working knowledge of CRYENGINE or similar products.
- Cinematography knowledge.
- Rigging skill is a plus.
- Enjoy playing games.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Apply for this job
Location: Frankfurt & Remote
Date found: 2023-02-02
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Germany
Create Profile and Get Noticed