Cinematic 3D Modeller
Crytek is looking for a Cinematic 3D Modeller to join our Creative Services team, responsible for creating in-game content and award winning promotional material. You will be required to adapt and create 3D assets for use within the in-game cinematics and promotional materials. This includes preparing and integrating art assets into engine, texturing, modelling, and look development, all with a solutions-oriented and quality-focused approach.
You will be developing assets under the guidance of the Cinematic Lead and Head of the Creative Services Department. The Cinematic 3D Modeller will be a part of the creative process from initial prototypes through to the delivery of polished cinematic scenes, working alongside a multi-skilled team of cinematic artists, lighting artists and technical artists, that work collaboratively; breaking down deliverables; sharing regular updates and delivering on commitments.
*You’ll have to provide a strong portfolio of diverse 3D artwork demonstrating a strong eye for composition and colour theory.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Work closely with the Cinematic Lead and Head of Department to assure a high degree of quality on all cut scenes.
- Create technical highpoly and lowpoly models for normal map process.
- Produce efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of production and development.
- Provide project status in department meetings.
- Work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high-quality standard.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 2+ years of professional experience in the gaming industry.
- A good experience of using 3D software such as 3DS Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, and Substance.
- Hard surface/organic modelling and texturing skills.
- Knowledge of 3D scene assembly.
- Strong understanding of cinematic staging and set dressing.
- An experience of working with game engines and a games development environment.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- The ability to take direction well and address notes in a timely fashion.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Working knowledge of CRYENGINE or similar products.
- Cinematography knowledge.
- Enjoy playing games.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01