Character Surfacing Senior
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Character Surfacing Senior Artist you will create high detailed surfacing, through texture maps and materials for the characters and props, working in coordination with the Production Designer and Art department to deliver a visually impressive look.
- Paints stylized textures from concepts following the look of the show.
- Creates procedural textures and material from Substance designers or others.
- Ability to create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles.
- Ability to properly research and work independently in absence of concept art.
- Precisely and accurately follows reference and direction to create the desired look of a character, both skin, and cloth.
- Works with the Department Supervisor, Art Director, and Visual Effects Supervisor to create the desired look for characters that may reflect any of a wide variety of styles.
- Understands and translates the vision of the Production Designer into the look of the movie.
- Works together with the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth.
- Follows the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance.
- Keeps up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment.
- Clear understanding of UVs and texture layout.
- Highly experience in texturing with UDIMS, experienced in Substance and Arnold
- 5+ years in VFX or animation industries.
- Strong artistic or/and technical aptitude related to 3D animation is a must.
- Possesses deep knowledge of creating UVs.
- Knowledge of skinning, lighting, and shader optimization
- Strong artistic or/and technical aptitude related to 3D animation.
- Experience in Mari, Maya, Substance Designer, Arnold Render.
- Experience in Karma and Material X, is a big plus.
- High English level desirable.
- Spanish desirable.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01