Character Modeler Senior
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Character Modeler, you will be creating 3d complex models of characters in the movie.
- Starting with a scanned mesh from a life sculpt, creates the models of the characters in order to put the character into production
- Starting from concepts and art packets provided by the Art department, models secondary characters, following the strategy set by the Character Supervisor.
- Creates extra models needed during character development process, working closely with VFX Supervisor, Character Supervisor, Character Designer, Rigging Supervisor and Animation Directors
- Works closely with the Lead Character Artist and Art Director to develop character goals and assets that fulfill the requirements of the visual design.
- Interacts with Animation and Rigging teams to achieve results in line with the Art Director’s vision.
- Keeps up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company, in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment
- Works together with the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth
- Follows supervisor's and lead's guidance
- 5+ years in VFX or animation industries.
- Working knowledge of Maya, UVs, shading to create layers and distribution of squared polygons.
- ZBrush or Modo knowledge to sculpt characters.
- Strong artistic or/and technical aptitude related to 3D animation is a must.
- Great understanding of facial construction, proportions physique.
- High English level desirable.
- Spanish desirable.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01